FIND YOUR TRUE PASSION; A WAY TO ACHIEVE FULFILLMENT IN LIFE
In our twenties, we tend to get lost as we are too fascinated by the luxuries, desires, and overwhelming activities shown over the internet which we couldn’t possibly stop thinking of.
Getting lost in this vicious cycle is very easy but here let's do some talking about the time waste that comes along with it.
Mostly in my group, I have heard my friends forgetting small things, brain fog, overthinking, sleep jerks, and 3 AM awakes and it's all taken to be so normal.
BUT IT ISN'T, we should try not normalizing it cause especially in the 20s when a person should be full of energy, experiences, and adventures we are facing the exact opposite.
What about the fire to try something new? What about the energy with which we used to jump out of bed after hearing something thrilling?
I feel hardly this generation knows about their passions, and their purpose in life.
Long lost in the trap of scrolling through the phone screens instead of being passionate about creating and building something.
FINDING ONE PASSION CAN BE EASY AND HARD AS WELL. even thou after finding a passion, a person can find it difficult to continue with it. It all depends on a persons burning desire to achieve something.
PASSION IS AN ACTIVITY PEOPLE ENJOY DOING. PRACTISING PASSION BRIGNS CONTENTMENT IN LIFE AND IF DONE PROFESSIONALLY CAN BRING GREATER ACCOMPLISHMENT AT YOUR WORKPLACE.
IS FINDING YOUR PASSION EVEN IMPORTANT?
- It helps in networking with people of similar interests – twenties are an age where we need to communicate more often with people to be knowledgeable about people's experiences and learn from them.
- Learn how they do things, and why they do what they do as it somehow helps you as well to shape your passion.
- Once passion is associated with one's creativity, it creates a sort of value for a person in an environment. acts as a major contributory factor in path of self-discovery and self-exploration.
- Having a passion helps create discipline – In our twenties, we are used to changing our thoughts rapidly, having a passion helps us be constant with our performance .
- As passion is something we have a strong desire for hence when enthusiasm and passion present together makes a person tough to face the difficulties.
ADVANTAGES OF FOLLOWING PASSION -
Hobbies are activities we like doing in our free time, things that we usually love doing. it helps us give a mental escape.
Hobbies could be anything from reading, writing, dancing, and swimming as well.
Hobbies help us identify what we love , what activities we can build with which contribute to society as well.
Any person could have a wide variety of hobbies. identifying one's passion can be done by exploring different activities.
- Joining workshops- Learning and experiencing new activities – with everything being easily accessible over the internet apps like Udemy, and coursera provide platforms wherein people can explore more about the areas that interest them. They are available at reasonable prices and if put to use rightly huge success can be made.
- Joining groups of people with similar interests and volunteering in different areas related to areas of interest- Volunteering at different organizations helps identify skills you are good at like helping others, in creating a mindful reflection. for e.g.. foundations like cry foundation have started their volunteering program where students can help in their NGO activities and also help explore their creative side .
- Give it time. – Passion isn’t developed overnight. it requires a lot of effort, consistency, and dedication. people give up easily as they try to hurry up things and end up with burnout.
FACING YOUR FEARS AND DOUBTS MAKES YOU STRONGER
- Overcoming fear and self-doubt – Roosevelts quote“ Believe you can and you are halfway there”. It's about the belief in you that gets you there.
Your faith and belief in your skills and talents. The mind wouldn’t be so focused on one thing if you couldn’t achieve it.
- ABILITY TO FAIL – Fear is one of the greatest reasons why people pull away from their dreams. Fear shouldn’t be an exit, it should be a redirection, a chance to pull away from all the chaos in your mind and view it from a different perspective. Replace fear with faith and you will achieve it all. Facing fear gives us the possibility to rise above it.
- SELF-DOUBT – Embracing the self-doubts we keep holding help in acceptance. when we see other people improving way more in this competitive world we tend to compare ourselves which results in demotivation and sadness. but everyone’s on the same page just the fact that doubts never go away, we just learn to dance with them.
- TAKE ACTION -Taking small steps a day helps us have clarity and reduce self-doubt. The fear is greater in imagination than in reality. Fear is the prime reason why we mostly tend to doubt ourselves. There would have been many instances where you doubted yourself but, in the end, you did it extremely well. Taking action, and doing the things you doubt yourself doing will bring in more confidence.
ACKNOWLEDGE, ACCEPT, AND ACT.
Instead of feeling sad about it, you can act upon it.
- You are the biggest cheerleader of yourself – be compassionate about yourself the same you would have been about others if they had the same problem, however when it comes to us we face analysis paralysis. Therefore, limiting the choices and prioritizing the activities which you would love to explore can help you find your passion.
Experiencing and exploring different activities with time will help bring clarity to what you want to pursue as a passion and a way of fulfilment in life. Rise above fears and take small steps each day to find your passion.