Have you ever had to divide a huge Outlook PST file into smaller ones based on date and year? As is well known, having large data files can result in data corruption and the loss of important data. We have several solutions for this problem that you can utilize to divide your data file.
The question of why we must divide a large PST file into smaller portions is one that every user has at this point.
The answer to your inquiry is that there may be numerous causes for this problem.
There are many more reasons behind this, which we will address in the next part, despite the fact that oversized PST files are one of the main reasons why users typically desire to divide their files into multiple sections.
Why Is It Necessary to Split Up PST Files?
The requirement to segment the PST files is dictated by the following factors:
1. The primary cause is that Outlook's overall performance degrades if a data file goes over its allotted storage space.
2. This implies that there is a significant risk of losing useful data.
3. You can also run into problems when sending and receiving mail.
4. You can also experience difficulties when sending and receiving mail.
5. If you divide your PST files into smaller pieces, your data will be more effectively structured.
6. Users may also lose information related to their PST files.
How to Divide a Big Outlook PST File by Year and Date
There are two techniques to split up huge PST files. To partition the data file, you are free to employ any method that fits you. So let's begin:
#2 , using the Import/Export Wizard
Follow the instructions below:
1. To use this technique, go to the File menu and choose Account Settings.
2. A dialog box will then show up on the screen. Under the Data Files section, select Add.
3. Next, you must name your newly created data file before creating it. You can click the OK button after naming your files.
4. After doing this, your reconstructed PST file will be available for preview under the Files menu.
5. After that, click the File tab, select Open and Appear from the left lane, and then select the Import/Export button.
6. The Import/Export dialog box is now visible on your screen. Click Next after selecting the Export to a file option.
7. Next, choose the Outlook data file (.pst) option and click Next.
8. Select the folder, select the box next to Included-folders, and then click the Next button.
9. Select "Do not Export duplicate items" and click the Finish tab after selecting the location where you want to save the data.
#2. Dividing a large data file using the archive feature
The steps outlined below can be used to divide a large PST file into smaller pieces:
1. To begin, open Outlook and select the File option from the menu.
2. Choose the Info tab, then select Tools > > Clean Up Old Items.
3. The directories to archive can be chosen here. Afterward, make sure to choose a date from the Archive Items folder.
4. After that, click the browse button to choose where you want to save the file.
5. Click the OK button to complete the process.
6. In addition to the crazy ones, there are a ton of other techniques to divide large PST files into smaller chunks. However, you never have to pay for anything and the Techniques are always free. However, there is a danger that you could lose your data using this method. Additionally, in order to pursue these kinds of procedures, one needs possess the necessary technical knowledge.
In order to avoid these situations, we advise choosing any third-party solution that will produce precise results. We will demonstrate an efficient yet straightforward method for splitting huge data files in the next section.
Splitting a Big Outlook PST File Expertly by Date and Year
Numerous third-party software are available that might assist you in carrying out this activity, as we have already discussed. The Softaken Split PST Software is one such option that enables users to split their PST files into many pieces. The data file can be divided by this application's options for Size, Date, Year, Folder, Email, and Category. Other than that, it works with every version of Windows, including recently released and older versions.
Utilization Procedure for the Software
Follow these procedures to divide a huge PST file into smaller chunks: -
1. To do this, install the tool on your system, and then run it.
2. You can now use the Add File, Folder, or Search options to browse your files.
3. Next, select where you want to save the output data by clicking the Browse option. Press the Next button after that.
4. Depending on your needs, you can choose any desired Split option, like Split by Size, Date, Folder, Email ID, or Category.
5. Review the summary of the divided data, then touch Next to begin the procedure.
By using the demo version of this application, you will be able to split the first 50 items for free. Additionally, you can get the complete version to easily separate large PST files.
I'll end this now
Users can split a big Outlook PST file by date and year using the instructions in this article. Both human and automatic solutions have been mentioned for this. However, manual methods can be time-consuming, and there is a good probability that you will lose your data. Therefore, using the automated program indicated here would be a better solution.
05 Apr 1998