Summary: If you have numerous PST files and wish to merge them without creating duplicates. If so, you've come to the perfect spot because we'll explain how to do that without losing any crucial information in this blog post today. Therefore, without spending any more time, let's get to reading.
What exactly is a PST file?
Microsoft particularly designed the personal storage table (PST) file type for storing messages, calendar events, and other data in Microsoft Outlook, Windows Messaging, and Microsoft Exchange Client. The combined size of PST and OST files is constrained to 50 GB. The cap on Unicode is higher than this o
Motives for Merging PST Files Without Duplicates
Due to numerous factors, many Outlook users must store PST files in a single PST file without duplicates. Older versions of Outlook had smaller files, but the PST file size in the most recent versions is 50 GB. As a result, we've included a few justifications below:
1. Users hoping to avoid accidental deletion or data loss problems.
2. Want to manage PST files from numerous Outlook accounts in one location
3. To eliminate file-by-file sharing to save time.
4. The user doesn't want to continually open each Outlook PST file, thus he wants to consolidate them.
Now that we have learned all the key details in the part above, let's move on to the next one. This section will explain how to solve this issue utilizing two methods: automatic and manual.
Automated PST file merger that avoids duplication
to merge every PST into one PST without duplication. Therefore, you can get the Softaken PST Merger Tool. With the use of this program, you may quickly find a solution to your issue by merging numerous PST files into a single PST file and removing duplicates. This tool was created by IT professionals, is simple to use for both technical and non-technical people, has a highly attractive user interface, and is incredibly helpful and reliable.
Benefits of This Utility
Numerous benefits of the software entice people to use it instead of a manual approach. Several of them are described in the section that follows.
1. Password-Protected: With the help of this excellent software, users may swiftly merge password-protected files. Users are not required to enter a password to merge Outlook PST files.
2. Active: Users can simply combine both active and orphan Outlook PST files using the software. Users must close Outlook before merging the PST files to achieve this.
Users can easily merge PST files from an archive using this software without worrying about file size limitations.
3. Preserve Folder Structure: The software keeps the Outlook data files' folder structure and data integrity while combining multiple files into one.
Procedures for using this program
1. Download, install, and run the software on your Windows computer to begin the process of merging PST files without duplicating any of them.
2. Next, pick "Outlook Data" and then the "Merge Existing PST File" option.
3. Next, choose the information to be combined, such as emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc.
4. Finally, click "Next" to launch the merging procedure.
Combining multiple PST files manually into a single PST
So, if you want to combine PST files without creating duplicates using a freeway, use this section. The free method to merge the PST file will be explained to you in this part. However, the procedure has been broken down into two sections, so use them carefully.
#Part 1: Create a New PST in Outlook
1. Launch "MS Outlook" from your computer.
Then, choose "New Item" from the menu.
3. Choose "Outlook Data File" from the list of "More Items" after selecting "More Items."
4. Select "Destination" and then click "OK" to save the "PST File".
# Part 2: Transfer Outlook Data to a New Blank PST File
Open "Outlook" and choose the "File Tab" first.
2. Select the "Open >> Import" option.
3. Choose the Import from another program or file option in the Import/Export Wizard.
4. Click "Next" after selecting "Outlook Data File (PST)" as the file type to import from the list.
5. Find and select the "Importable File" option.
6. Choosing "Do not import duplicates" will be followed.
7. Next, select the "Folder" you wish to import.
8. Make sure both Include subfolders and Import things into the same folders are checked.
9. Finally, click "Finish" to complete the procedure.
Note: If you want to carry out this process manually, you should be aware that there are some drawbacks. If you can overcome these drawbacks, you will be able to use the great tool indicated in the first option above.
Drawbacks of the Manual Method
1. Manual methods can be difficult for novice users.
2. File corruption or data loss is a serious concern with these methods.
3. Because users can only move so many emails at once, their time is used.
4. This process may alter each time Microsoft Outlook is upgraded.
Finally, a sentence
It is much easier to combine numerous PST files into a single PST file before the data becomes corrupted or damaged because managing multiple PST files in MS Outlook is now quite challenging. We have therefore provided you with all the techniques to merge PST files without creating duplicates in this article. Choosing a strategy is up to you at this point, but I advise sticking with the automatic approach to finish the job.
13 Sep 2004