In this post, we are going to discuss the simple solution to split large PST files into several smaller PST files. A lot of users are facing oversized PST file issues and want to reduce PST file size. To resolve this problem, splitting large-size PST files into smaller PST files is the best solution.
How to Split Large PST files into multiple small PST files?
An oversized PST file is not easy to manage, slows down Outlook’s performance, and can incur data loss & corruption. Too large a PST file in an Outlook account means it has been created a long time ago.
You can reduce the size of the PST file manually with Outlook tools. Let us understand them in detail.
- Go to File, Account settings, and then select Account settings
- Go to the Data files tab and click on the Add button to add a new PST.
- Use File, Open & Export, and then the Outlook data file option to open the old Outlook PST file.
- In the old PST file, select messages or other items of Outlook that you want to move.
- Right-click on the selected items select Move, and then the Other folder option.
- Choose a folder in the newly created PST to move the selected items from the old ones.
Import and Export wizard
- Go to File, Open and Export, and then select Import/Export
- Choose the Export to File option and click Next.
- In the Export to File step, select Outlook PST file and click Next.
- In the Export Outlook file, select Outlook folders and click Next.
- Specify the location for the new PST by clicking on the Browse button. Click Finish.
- Now, delete exported folders from the source data file to reduce their size.
- Go to File, Info, Clean up Tools, and select Archive
- Select the desired folder to archive and date that you want to archive items older than
- Specify the location and provide a name for archive PST and click OK
Limitations of Manual Methods:
- By moving the data manually, you can lose your valuable data.
- Email properties can be lost with manual methods
- The manual solution is very time-consuming and lengthy.
- Manual methods require technical knowledge
- It is a complicated process therefore chances of human mistakes are high.
Smart Technique To Split Large PST File into Several Smaller Parts
To smartly and accurately split Outlook PST files, you can use Softaken Split Outlook PST file Software. This is the best and most tested solution by experts that will help you to split PST files by size, year, and folder. It maintains the integrity of data while dividing oversized Outlook PST files.
This software will help in resolving these queries of users:
- How to split PST files into smaller parts by setting the size?
- How to split PST files into smaller parts for a specified period?
- How to split PST files without starting Outlook?
- How to split PST files from multiple mailboxes?
- How to split an archive PST file?
- How do I split the PST file by year or month?
- How do I split my big PST file in half?
The Procedure with Split PST Program to divide large PST files into parts:
- Install and Launch Split Outlook PST Software on your system.
- Add the Outlook PST file that you want to split
- Check PST file data in the preview pane.
- Choose the size, year, or folder option to split the PST data file.
- Mention a path for saving the resultant PST files.
- Finally, press the Split Now button.
Taking a few minutes, the PST file is split into multiple smaller PST files.
Also Read:- Manual Ways to Split PST File in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, & 2007
Through this post, we have mentioned manual ways to split large PST files. However, due to various limitations of manual solutions, professional software is suggested to use that overcome all limitations of manual ways. The software is 100% safe and tested by experts to quickly split large PST files into several smaller parts. Get its demo version before you purchase the software.
Split Large PST File Into Multiple Smaller Parts
Split PST File